Google Analytics 4 Migration Services
Universal Analytics (UA) is phasing out July 1, 2023. Replacing it is Google Analytics 4 (GA4), Google’s new tracking and reporting property for website and app measurement. This means your Universal Analytics account will no longer process any more website data, and you will need to use GA4 to collect data on things like traffic, events, and conversions.
The process of setting up and customizing your GA4 account with the appropriate reporting and tracking is laborious. Top Floor’s team of digital marketing and analytics specialists can help do the leg work and make this process seamless. By July 1st, you’ll be ready to go with your new GA4 account running smoothly.
Google Analytics 4 vs Universal Analytics
What is so different about GA4, and why is Google making this change? GA4 measures website and app activity in one property and relies on event-based measurement to track engagement. By comparison, UA tracks activity based on cookies. With privacy in mind, GA4 metrics emphasize how users are using your website, versus who.
Reporting in GA4 has made a significant departure from that of Universal Analytics, with the biggest difference being that sessions are tracked by the number of page views (instead of users). Therefore, your reporting won’t be a complete apples-to-apples with UA.
Top Floor takes a consultative approach with you and your team to make sure that your GA4 account is running smoothly. Here’s how we can help:
- Our first step is a consultation call to discuss any existing tracking in your UA and GA4 accounts. With you, we will decide what to keep and what new events and audiences to track.
- The bulk of our work comes with the setup of custom audiences and events that you want to measure to gauge site performance regularly (for example returning visitors, RFQs, video views, etc).
- If you have Google Ads, we will make sure your GA4 account properly integrates with your ads account (audiences, conversions, etc).
- For eCommerce websites, we set up all critical tracking from product views to completes purchases.
- Finally, we will wrap up with an account walkthrough and review to get you equipped to start using GA4 and monitoring results!
Ready To Partner With Us?
Get in touch with us for a complimentary, 12-month traffic projection and audit!Let's Talk!