Importance of Video in Digital Marketing
Content | SEO | Social
According to TechCrunch, nearly 1 billion hours of YouTube videos are watched around the world each day. This incredible metric isn’t totally surprising though because videos have dominated the digital marketing space for a while and are forecasted to continue growing, which is why marketing through video should be part of your digital marketing strategy.
Why Include Video in Digital Marketing?
There are hundreds of reasons why digital marketers should choose to create videos, but some of the most impressive statistics that prove the importance of video in digital marketing are:
- 97% of marketers claim that videos help their customers better understand products.
- 81% of businesses are now using video as a part of their digital marketing strategy.
- Live videos account for 13% of total traffic
- 90% of consumers claim a video will help them when making a purchasing decision.
If these numbers don’t get your video creation juices flowing, then consider the reasons why you, as a digital marketer, enjoy watching videos yourself. Videos, if crafted correctly, are addictive, and videos give users a personal connection to what they’re watching. Marketing through video gives businesses the opportunity to quickly showcase important features of their business while integrating fun graphics, a spunky voice, engaging music, or stylistic pictures.
Types of Videos to Use
There is a wide range of video types that are accessible for digital marketers to utilize, but here are a few that we have found to be most successful as part of our clients’ digital marketing strategies:
- Facebook Live Video: This type of video gives viewers a raw, unedited look into the content a business wants to put out there. Facebook Live also allows viewers to comment and react to the video in real-time. We recently launched our Facebook Live Series: The Hot Dish in Digital. If you haven’t yet – check those videos out!
- Interview-Style Video: Short interviews with the right employees give customers an inside look at the heart of your business while maintaining a level of professionalism.
- Informative Video with Animation: This is the most common type of video we use at Top Floor, and it features key statistics about a business while showcasing stylish photos or shorter video clips alongside fun graphics and playful transitions.
Restrictions on Marketing Through Video
Each platform you choose to post a video on is different and comes with its own set of video restrictions. For example, videos posted directly to Instagram’s feed can’t be longer than 60 seconds; otherwise, they have to be posted to IGTV. Remember to research any video restrictions for where you want to post and keep those in mind during your creation process. Having a solid foundation and list of guidelines to start will make the building and editing journeys much more enjoyable.
Video Marketing at Top Floor
At Top Floor, we have experience creating eye-catching videos for both our own digital marketing initiatives as well as our clients’ needs. We encourage you to take a look at a sample of our work below and get in touch with us if you like what you see. We look forward to working with you to get video in your digital marketing strategy.
Let's Stay in Touch