The Importance Of A Digital Strategy
A digital marketing plan is an essential tool for your business. Developing a digital marketing plan will help you identify what makes your business unique and how to get your message out to your audiences through a variety of digital channels. An in-depth and detailed approach to laying out your digital marketing strategy can reveal new opportunities and expand your reach. Focusing on a specific audience and identifying that audience’s needs, interests and pain points will help deliver a more effective plan in achieving your marketing objectives.
Do You Have a Digital Marketing Strategy?
Companies with a clear marketing plan, that regularly measure their efforts, see 60% faster growth than those without a marketing plan.
Developing a Digital Strategy
The means to a great digital marketing strategy starts with a marketing strategy workshop. During this workshop, you will want to cover the following questions with your team and marketing partners. Make sure to involve your company’s key players.
Set the Ground Work and Do The Math…
- Identify your company’s revenue goals for the year.
- Identify the percentage of revenue that will come from existing customers versus new customers.
- Identify the percentage of leads marketing will source.
- Calculate your average deal size and win/loss rate.
- Determine how many leads you will need to reach your goals.
Ask The Hard Questions….
- What has worked/hasn’t worked in the past?
- What have been your biggest holdbacks last year?
- What were the key accomplishments last year?
- What are the goals for the next year? Next 5 years?
- Who are your key competitors and how do you stack up?
- Review target marketing and personas
- What are your target audience challenges and pain points?
- Review your sales approach and how marketing can better integrate with sales efforts
- Review the vision for what looks different moving forward
- Review any untapped opportunities and new marketing objectives
- Discuss marketing budget
Creating Your Marketing Calendar
Your marketing calendar will be the means to your success. Your marketing calendar will outline all moving parts and detailed timelines in order to achieve your objectives. No shortcuts here, your marketing plan will be your guide and should be checked on a weekly basis. During this process you will want to create a clear, action-oriented task list that addresses three key questions:
- Who: Assign both roles for creators and reviewers in your plan
- What: Include the gist of the promotion, such as a working title, campaign elements, target audiences, etc. (This will just be high level and we will flesh out details during planning stages of these campaigns)
- When: Make sure to include key dates, such as email send dates, campaign launches, planning meetings, and more.
What Will Your Marketing Plan Look Like?
At Top Floor we are more than just a digital agency, we are your marketing partner. We strive to build lasting partnerships and act as an extension to your team to bring overall company success. Let’s talk about bring your marketing efforts to the next level.