Video Optimization on Google
Search Console Insights in Beta Testing
- What are your best-performing pieces of content?
- How are your new pieces of content performing?
- How do people discover your content across the web?
- What do people search for on Google before they visit your content?
- Which article refers users to your website and content?
‘About This Result’ Panel
- Matching keywords: Does the webpage contain your search?
- Related terms: Relevant keywords based on your query.
- Looking at links: Relevant pages based on your query.
- Local relevance
Google’s Link Spam Update
Google uses the term “nullifying,” which does not necessarily mean “penalize,” but instead, to ignore or simply not count. Google’s efforts around link spam have been to ignore and not count spammy links since Penguin 4.0 was released in 2016.
Image Ad Extensions
Adds visual representation of products, logos, or services, enhancing the message of the text ad. The goal is to improve click-through rates.
Broad Match Modified Match Types
- As of July 2021, Broad Match Modifier (BMM) keywords have the same matching behavior as Phrase Match keywords
- BMM: +manufacturing +company
- Phrase Match: “manufacturing company”
- Ensure targeting for Phrase Match, pausing BMM type keywords
LinkedIn – Addition of stories with a swipe-up feature, product pages to showcase individual products
- Small business badges
- More eCommerce capabilities
- New Business Suite tools to help businesses improve, optimize, and potentially automate marketing, including expanding their Messenger functionality
iOS14 update – verify your domain!
- Minimize personal information stored, while still showing relevant ads
- Can still target based on Facebook data, but it will not use data from other apps and websites
- Create unique landing pages or phone numbers to track attribution
- Create a simple, top-of-funnel offer to gather customer details